Friday, June 11, 2010

Success at Safeway!

The girls and I got some more stuff from the "Buy 8 Save $4" promo at Safeway today, and I also grabbed a jar of yeast that we needed to get my total above $10 so I could use my $10 RR from Walgreens. And we had a couponing victory! The checker was very surprised when I handed her the RR, and I showed her the copy of their new coupon policy that I had printed from Safeway.com. She called a manager, they both looked at it, and then she scanned the RR which took $10 off my order with no problems! Hooray! I was so glad I had a copy of the policy with me because neither the checker nor the manager knew anything about the policy change. Here's what I did (the prices reflect the "Buy 8 Save $4" promo):

Purchased:

Rold Gold pretzels = $1.49
Tostitos bite size tortilla chips = $1.77
Crystal Light Pure Fitness drink mix = $1.49
Nabisco Ritz Crackerfuls = $1.99
Snyder's filled pretzels = $1.50
Lucerne ice cream (mint chocolate chip!! mmm...) = $2.49
Shedd's margarine spread = $1.49
Febreeze Air Effects spray = $1.99
Fleischmann's yeast = $6.99

Subtotal = $21.20

Coupons:

- $0.50/1 Lucerne ice cream from Add Dairy to Your Summer Adventure coupon booklet
- $0.40/1 Shedd's Country Crock margarine spread (from coupons.com but not available anymore)
- $0.40 margarine coupon doubled
- $1/1 Febreeze Air Effects from the Home Made Simple coupon booklet
- $10 RR from Walgreens

Total = $6.40

My total OOP was even less than what the yeast cost all by itself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment