Friday, May 28, 2010

Safeway Craziness!

Today's trip to Safeway was really, really good. :) It was my first foray into the world of loadable coupons. They are coupons that can be loaded onto a Safeway club card. Since my card STILL doesn't work right, my sweet mother-in-law let me use her card to load some coupons this week. I'm pretty stoked about the deals I scored. Here's the breakdown (remember that Safeway doubles coupons up to $0.50 and rounds up from $0.51-$0.99):

1 bag of Lifesavers candy = $1.50
1 package Safeway saltine crackers (50% off) = $1.14
1 Lays Kettle Chips = $1.77
1 Tide Liquid Stain Release = $6.99
1 Lucerne 18 count eggs = $1.59
2 Yoplait Fiber One yogurt 4 packs = $4.00
1 Thermacare Heat Wraps (50% off) = $3.89
1 Energizer AA 10 pack = $6.49
2 Oscar Mayer hot dogs = $3.98
2 Sun-Rype raspberry fruit twists = $1.00
2 Sun-Rype strawberry fruit strips = $0.67
2 Sun-Rype cherry fruit strips = $0.67

Subtotal: $33.69

- $0.50/1 Lifesavers coupon (from coupons.com but no longer available)
- $1/1 Safeway in-ad coupon Tide Stain Release
- $3/1 Tide Stain Release coupon (from the newspaper a couple weeks ago)
- $3/1 Tide Stain Release ecoupon from P&G eSaver
- $0.30/1 Safeway in-ad coupon Lucerne eggs
- $1/1 Yoplait Fiber One multipacks coupon (from a coupon booklet I got in the mail a while ago)
- $0.55/1 Yoplait Fiber One multipacks peelie coupon (found on the package in the store)
- $1/1 Yoplait Fiber One multipacks ecoupon from shortcuts.com
- $1/1 Thermacare peelie coupon (found on the package in the store)
- $2/1 Safeway in-ad coupon Energizer batteries
- $1/1 Energizer batteries (from coupons.com but no longer available)
- $1/1 Safeway in-ad coupon Oscar Mayer hot dogs
- $1/1 Safeway in-ad coupon Oscar Mayer hot dogs

Grand total: $13.03!

I just did the math, and it doesn't come out quite right, but it looks like the way the checker put in the BOGO coupons caused them to double, so I think that's why my total was less than I thought. That's a good problem to have! :)
(Thanks to Krazy Coupon Lady for some of the matchups)

No comments:

Post a Comment