Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Trials & Tribulations of Walmart

Well, no free Nexcare at Walmart today, but I did score a 35-count box of bandages for .50 using the $1 off coupon which was the cheapest Nexcare product. I thought that was pretty good since the ones I usually buy (a different brand) cost .97 for a 60-count package. So about half the price for more than half the amount. I also found the 1-load size Tide packets and got two using two $1/1 any size Tide coupons. They gave me some hassle about it and said they couldn't do it at first because the packets were priced at .97 each. I explained that they should be able to adjust the coupon down, but they said they couldn't do that. I also pointed out that the coupon clearly stated ANY size. The manager finally said, "Oh, okay. Just put them through as two $1 off vendor coupons." Yay me for not backing down when I wanted to just meekly take back my coupons and go home without my free Tide. :) So now I'm off to look up Walmart's official coupon policy so that I'm prepared for the next time (yes, getting stuff for free is such a rush that I can't help but do it again).

UPDATE: The Walmart coupon policy was very bare bones and didn't help with this issue at all. I suppose it just varies by store and manager.
(Thanks to Hip2Save for the link to Walmart's coupon policy)

No comments:

Post a Comment