Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Organizing for 2011


We've been buried in the post-Christmas clutter for the past few days, and it's really getting on our nerves. Nate did a clean sweep last night (which was so kind of him!) that definitely helped the situation, but it has got me thinking about organizing my household better plus organizing records and coupons in a more efficient way. To assist with that, I found a spreadsheet here that I'm going to try starting January 1. The last time I tried using a savings-tracker spreadsheet I got really overwhelmed and discouraged. This one looks like it's a little easier to use than the last one I tried, so I'm hoping it will work for me. I also stumbled on a new way to organize coupons that I'd like to try, especially since I'll be getting the Sunday paper for the next six months (thank you, Mom!). I love the thought of having a list of which coupons are in my binder so I don't have to try to remember. The Boise, Idaho list on Fabulessly Frugal was very similar to what we got in Sheridan, so I just changed a few things so it would be accurate for me. I'm excited to get started on better organization for the new year!

1 comment:

  1. I love the savings spreadsheet you found! I'm going to use the Google Docs version. I'm wanting to switch my blog over to WordPress (cause I can do so much more with it that way!) and find some sort of "counter" or "meter" that measures my savings. Like those thermometers for fund-raising?? The organizational style you found is one that I was planning on trying once we move. The only possible issue would be tracking down expired coupons. A bit easier if they're clipped and sorted. Thanks also for the Fabulessly Frugal link... It's nice to find savings sites in our new area as my main site is just the southeast. One hint: If you're finding that the list of Boise coupons is radically different from yours, you may want to pull the national list and edit that one. That's what I've been doing (and emailing to you) for the past few months. But if it's off by one or two, then it's definitely better to use that!

    ReplyDelete