Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Why Go to Walgreens?

I used to never, ever shop at Walgreens. Their prices were always too high, and, frankly, the service wasn't anything to write home about. Now, however, I love Walgreens (AKA Wags). I read all about Wags shopping in this post from Collin at Hip2Save, and it all started to make sense. Since Wags offers register rewards (coupons that print after you pay on certain items to use like cash on any subsequent purchase), you can really do well matching coupons with register rewards deals. Before I go to Wags, I look at their ad and also at the matchups on Hip2Save to see what's on sale and what coupons I can use. Since I don't buy newspapers I don't usually have a lot of the coupons she mentions, but I can do printables which make many products free or even moneymakers! This picture is from my best shopping trip at Wags. Grand total spent after factoring in register rewards & coupons was $0.32. It's hard to beat a deal like that!

1 comment:

  1. AAHHH!!! You're amazing! We so don't have a Wags here, dang. We have Walmart and Safeway...and a zillion health food stores (non chain) that are massively expensive. I'll have to hit Wags when we visit my parents!! I'm SO glad you started this blog!!

    ReplyDelete