Friday, November 5, 2010

Is This the Beginning of the End for Safeway?


Oh dear. I just got an email from Cellfire, part of which read like this:

"We have an important change to the Cellfire service that will affect your membership. Starting today, Thursday, Nov. 4th, Cellfire will no longer offer our coupons for use at Safeway. Safeway has decided to discontinue use of Cellfire's save-to-card services. If you currently have Cellfire coupons saved to your Safeway card they will continue to be redeemable until their expiration date. "

Bummer. In my opinion, it's not a very smart move by Safeway because it will more than likely mean much less business for them. In fact, when all the new changes come to our store, I might not shop there ever again. But, I'll happily shop at the other, more coupon-friendly stores if I need to. I guess their loss is my gain, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment